Whimsical abandoned house in Nova Scotia, Canada Old photo taken by a friend.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."
The Front Bottoms
"Claiming there is no other life in the universe is like scooping up some water, looking at the cup and claiming there are no whales in the ocean."
"Before you say yes, get him angry. See him scared, see him wanting, see him sick. Stress changes a person. Find out if he drinks and if he does, get him drunk - you’ll learn more about his sober thoughts. Discover his addictions. See if he puts you in front of them. You can’t change people, baby girl. If they are made one way, it doesn’t just wear off. If you hate how he acts when he’s out of it now, you’re going to hate it much worse eight years down the road. You might love him to bits but it doesn’t change that some people just don’t fit."
"You were the hardest lesson I ever had to learn."
I’ve been thinking about college and graduation a bit lately,
and I want to know how they expect me to graduate with $40k worth of debt and work for free for at least 2 months. I understand being a rookie in any field, but where do they expect me to find 2 months worth of money to pay rent and bills? I have no savings, I am living off of the debt I am creating currently. I will try my best to save a part of my loan to help out, but will it be enough? I won’t have the time to work a part time job, because I will be working full time +overtime (death doesn’t wait for anyone) for free.
I really do not think it is fair, I will have studied and sacrificed a lot for 2 years, and they expect me to just pull money out of the air to survive on and work for nothing.
Yes I need experience, but is that not what college and my apprenticeship is for?
I’m lucky enough to be living at home currently, but I highly doubt I will get a work term anywhere near.
my wallet needs to be as thick as my thighs